Below is a list of facial essences with a pH level below 6.0 (in alphabetical order by brand). Some of these products might not be marketed as an essence but I believe you can use them as an essence.
Please note that I use pH strips and they aren’t a perfect science so the pH levels noted below are estimates only and let us know if a product is on the acidic side (or not). There is also some variation between batches of products and a manufacturer may have made changes to their formula since I tested.
The majority of the products listed below are also silicone-free and sulfate-free.
If I have written a review, a link to it is below. My reviews also include an ingredients list although the ingredients may be inaccurate (depending on the original source/translation) or have changed after a review was posted.
- Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner (pH of 5.0) This is a toner but I use it like an essence.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater (pH of 4.6) Not really an essence but can be used on top of a toner like an essence or it could be used as a toner.
- Missha The First Treatment Essence (pH of 5.5) Could be considered a toner but I use it like a serum.
- NuFACE Optimizing Mist (pH of 5.50) Not an essence but I use like an essence, after toner, because it has amino acids.
- Pyungkang Yul Essence Toner (pH of 5.5) Could be used as a toner or an essence. I’m using it now, review forthcoming.
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (pH of 4.5) Could be considered a toner but I use it like a serum
- Whamisa Organic Flowers Olive Leaf Mist (pH of 5.5) Could be considered an toner but I use it like an essence.
- Hanskin Hyaluron Skin Essence (pH of 5.5)
Please click here to go back to the main List of Products page.