Below are facial cleansers with a low pH level, below 6.0 (in alphabetical order by brand). These are products I personally prefer because these facial cleansers/face washes have an acidic pH.
Please note that I use pH strips and they aren’t a perfect science so the pH levels noted below are estimates only and let us know if a product is on the acidic side (or not). There is also some variation between batches of products and a manufacturer may have made changes to their formula since I tested.
The majority of the products listed below are also silicone-free and sulfate-free.
If I have written a review, a link to it is below. My reviews also include an ingredients list although the ingredients may be inaccurate (depending on the original source/translation) or have changed after a review was posted.
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser (pH of 5.5, my review)
- CosMedix Benefit Clean Gentle Cleanser (pH of 5.75, my review)
- COSRX Low pH Good Morning Cleanser (pH of 5.5, my review) As of Jan 2019: my favorite for warmer months/less dry skin types!
- First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser (pH of 5.5, my review) As of Jan 2019: my favorite for cold months/drier skin.
- Free & Clear Liquid Cleanser (pH of 5.5, my review)
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser (pH of 5.5)
- Hada Labo Tokyo Hydrating Facial Cleanser (pH of 5.5, my review) As of Oct 2019, this is tied for my favorite overall cleanser with make p:rem’s cleansing foam. I use this in the evening and make p:rem in the morning.
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Cleanser (pH 0f 5.2)
- Le Mieux Peptide Foam Cleanser (pH of 5.0)
- make p:rem Safe Low-Irritant Cleansing Foam (pH of 5.5, my review) As of Jan 2019: my favorite cleanser overall!
- Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser Foaming (pH of 5.6)
- Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser (pH of 5.75)
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser (pH of 5.5, my review)
- SIORIS Cleanse Me Softly Milk Cleanser (pH of 5.69) I haven’t tried this one yet.
- Skinceuticals Gentle Cleanser (pH of 5.5)
- Su:m37 Miracle Rose Cleansing Stick (pH of 5.5, my review)
- Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser (pH of 5.0, my review)
The following are cleansing bars/bar soaps:
- AHAVA Dead Sea Moisturizing Salt Soap (pH of 5.5, my review)
- Nature’s Plus Beauty Cleansing Bar (pH of 4.5)
- Sebamed Clear Face Cleansing Bar (pH of 5.5, my review)
- Vanicream Cleansing Bar, Fragrance Free (pH of 5.5, my review)
Please click here to go back to the main List of Products page.